Small Area Planning
Small area plans provide direction for a neighborhood or district. Often working off a general plan or other citywide guidance, they present a vision for the area and the tools to implement that vision. When considering a small area, we look at its networks – transportation, open space, complementary land uses, and destinations – and how those networks can work together to balance a great place with regional/citywide economic and transportation needs. Our small area planning services include visioning, transportation work, and streetscape plans. We have a special focus on planning for downtowns, town centers, TODs, and other walkable areas.
Example project experience
- Alta Commercial Core Plan
- North Salt Lake Town Center Plan
- Eastern Neighborhoods Transportation Implementation Study
- Sierra-Valley Land Use and Transportation Study
- Oquirrh Athletic Campus Master Plan